2021 Provincial Championships – What You Need to Know
The 2021 Golf Manitoba championship season is now set with a full schedule of events slated to begin with the Match Play Championship Qualifier on May 29 at the Grand Pines Golf Club. Read below to learn more about our health and safety protocols as well what is new for 2021.
Health & Safety Protocols
As with this past championship season, the health and safety of all involved will continue to be of paramount importance as COVID-19 protocols continue to adjust. Enhanced healthy and safety procedures for our championships will include the following:
- Competitors and Golf Manitoba volunteers and staff are required to wear masks at both the starting and scoring tables
- Flags will remain in the hole at all times
- Physical distancing will be required at all times during play
- Touchless scoring
The safety of our member clubs, players, volunteers, and staff is our top priority and Golf Manitoba will continue to monitor the situation and adjust the season and our health and safety protocols accordingly.
Starting in 2021, Golf Manitoba, along with Golf Canada and the other provincial associations, will use Golf Genius for its Tournament Management Software. Any previous login information related to BlueGolf will no longer be valid.
In order to be eligible to compete in Golf Manitoba competitions, players must be an active Golf Manitoba/Canada member through a member golf club or the Golf Manitoba Public Player Program, and must also hold an up-to-date Golf Canada Handicap Index visible on the Golf Canada Score Centre at the time of online registration.
If you do not have a Golf Manitoba/Canada membership you can click HERE to learn more and register.
The 2021 registration process is easier, less time consuming and accessible through Golf Canada’s Score Centre. To enter all Golf Manitoba events, you must first log into your Golf Canada Score Centre profile using a web browser, please note that you will not be able to log-in through the Golf Canada app. Registration for all events opens April 15th at 10:00 am so please ensure the following is updated in your Golf Canada Score Centre profile:
- Date of birth
- City, province and postal code
- Cell number
- Email address
- Current handicap index
To enter an event through your Golf Canada Score Centre account using a web browser, please select the competitions tab found under the user menu. Please see image:
If you have any questions regarding registration, please do not hesitate to contact Amy at email@example.com.
You can view our 2021 championship schedule HERE.
2021 Match Play Championship
The Match Play Championship will see a new schedule in 2021 in an effort to streamline the event. The new calendar for the event is as follows:
- May 29 – Championship qualifying for all competitors (18-holes)
- June 3 – Round of 32 men (afternoon tee times)
- June 4 – Round of 16 for men, women and senior men (afternoon tee times)
- June 5 – Round of 8 for men, women and senior men (afternoon tee times)
- June 6 – Semi-finals (morning tee times), Finals (18-holes afternoon tee times)
Entry Fee Schedule
All competitors will pay a Qualifying Fee. Those who successfully qualify will then pay a Championship Fee to continue on in the event. The event fee schedule is as follows:
- Qualifying Fee Men: $110
- Championship Fee Men: $95
- Qualifying Fee Women & Senior Men: $90
- Championship Fee Women & Senior Men: $75
All Match Play entry fees include GST.
All golfers deserve to participate and compete in an environment free from bullying, abuse, harassment or discrimination, regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, language, age and ability. Golf Manitoba is aligned with Golf Canada and Respect Group in committing to fostering a safe sport environment for golf.
- All players 18 and under must have at least one (1) parent complete the Respect In Sport Parent Program no later than the deadline of the tournament they wish to enter. Events include the Match Play Championship, Bantam Championship and the Provincial Junior Championship.
- If the program is not completed by the deadline the player will not be able to complete the registration process.
- The program only needs to be completed once for the 2021 season.
Program access instructions are below:
- Parent Program (2021) – https://smbparent.respectgroupinc.com/
- For parents of 18 years of age and under
- If you have already taken this particular program you may look up your certification # on the above page.
2021 Provincial Junior Championships
Due to the generous support of the Alex & Peggy Colonello Foundation, entry into 2021 Golf Manitoba Junior Championships will be subsidized by 50% making them the lowest fees for provincial junior golf championships in Canada. The fee schedule is as follows:
- Junior Bantam Championships:
- Regular entry of $150 subsidized to $75
- Junior Provincial Championships:
- U12 Regular entry of $150 subsidized to $75
- 13 and over Regular entry of $200 subsidized to $100
Golf Manitoba conducts championships in all age categories for both male and female golfers at member clubs across the province. Some events provide an opportunity for Manitoba’s best golfers to test their skills against each other; others are focused more on ensuring that all golfers have an opportunity to compete at a level with which they are comfortable. Golf Manitoba championships attract over 700 participants annually with over 1,600 rounds played.
For more information about our 2021 championship season, please contact Lisa Andersen, Director of Competitions, at firstname.lastname@example.org.